Feeling self-conscious about your teeth whenever you smile for pictures or meet new people? Veneers might be just what you need to restore your confidence.
Lumineers vs. Veneers: What’s the Difference?
Let’s start with veneers. Veneers are porcelain teeth that are fitted over your existing teeth. With veneers, we’ll first have to shave and shape down your teeth so that the veneers can better adhere to your existing teeth. Since veneers completely cover your teeth, your new smile will look brand new. Veneers are so popular and common amongst patients nowadays because they are used to correct a wide range of dental issues such as:
- Badly discolored teeth that can’t be whitened by bleaching
- Chipped, broken, or worn teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Poorly aligned or shaped teeth
Now, what’s the difference between veneers and lumineers? Lumineers are a brand of veneers that are meant to be less invasive than regular veneers. With lumineers, you avoid the process of having to get your teeth shaved and shaped beforehand. Because lumineers just fit over your teeth, they won't drastically change the shape of your teeth as regular veneers would. There are many advantages to lumineers such as:
- Lumineers are highly durable
- Lumineers are great for correcting small misalignments in teeth
- Lumineers add radiance and whiten the appearance of your teeth
- Lumineers refresh your smile and can be applied directly over any dental work; such as crowns or fillings
When it comes to lumineers and veneers, which is the right option for you? It depends on your mouth and your needs. Contact us today
to find more information about the best option for you.
Good News— We can see you as early as Thursday or Friday! Contact us now to schedule your free consultation.